Rules and Regulations
1. All competitors, must also have a valid driver’s license.
2. Competitors must sign a event Waiver. Passengers must sign an event Waiver. Parents/legal guardians of minors/passengers must be signed by only one parent/legal guardian on a per-event basis. Any competitor found to have driven the course in any vehicle before signing the waiver will be disqualified from the event with no refund of entry fee and removed from the premises.
3. All competitors must fill out a Tech Worksheet and PASS.
4. Use of Alcohol or Narcotics. Any driver considered by the event chairman to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics shall be disqualified.
5. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Any driver who drives unsafely at or near the event location, or displays unsportsmanlike conduct, shall be disqualified.
6. Children under twelve (12) years of age and pets shall be prohibited in the staging, grid, start/finish and course areas.
7. Smoking is not permitted in grid or staging areas.
8. For refueling of vehicles, there will be at least one 10-lb. minimum Class B fire extinguisher available in the event of a fire during refueling. Furthermore, No Smoking within 75’.
9. Course workers must be standing at all times when any competition cars are on-course during the event. There will be fire extinguishers located at key corner stations around the track and accessible to course workers.
10. All competitors/passengers must wear a seat belt while in competition.
11. All competitors/passengers must wear a Helmet with an approved Snell SA 2005 or newer and must be free from cracks blemishes or large scratches while in competition.
12. Eye protection/face shield/goggles in a car without a windshield.
13. Footwear, the shoe must cover the entire foot.
14. These rules are subject to each event’s location and are subject to each tract rules and regulations. Therefore, each events tract rules are intact with ACSC rules. It is the sole responsibility of each participant/spectator to abide by the rules and regulations.
15. Each participant/spectator is responsible for any and all damages brought on by themselves or their vehicles at the event. Therefore, they are responsible for any damages, legal fees and clean-up fees by the tract or event coordinators. This relives ASCS of all damages by participants/spectators.
17. These rules may be changed/added to by the Chief Operating Officer of the event and therefore apply to the event.
1. Must complete a Tech sheet and pass Tech inspection.
2. Seat belts are required in all cars. Installation and the use of shoulder belts or an aftermarket harnesses is strongly recommended. For convertible, open top, and cars with Targa-tops/t-tops in the open position a factory 3 point or aftermarket 4 or 5 point harness is required (No lap only belts in open cars on road course) Attached hardware for belts must be in good condition, secure, tight. 3, 4 or 5 point harness must be installed and routed per manufacture specifications and are required for the all out class on the Road Course.
3. Roll bars or roll cages are strongly recommended in all cars but mandatory on all convertibles for road course.The top of the roll structure may not be below the top of the driver’s helmet when the driver is in the normal driving position. We approve, among others, the Tigercage by Ridetech, roll cage kits offered by DSE and the Shelby bar offered by Gateway Classic Mustang. While we do understand there are many other options out there, we certainly know first hand the quality of these kits.
4. All loose items, inside and outside the car, must be removed. Hand held items, such as but not limited to, cameras and cell phones are considered loose items. This to also include non-secured floor mats.
5. Any cameras, if installed, must be securely mounted to handle driving maneuvers.
6. Wheels must be safely affixed. All studs and lug nuts must be present/functional and tightened to manufacture specs.
7. Tires must be in good condition with no cord or belts showing or cracks in the tread or sidewall. Each tire must have tread rating of 200 or more. Tires may not have cord visible at any time during competition.
8. Throttle return action shall be safe and positive.
9. No excessive fuel, oil, water, radiator fluid or brake fluid leaks should be observed.
10. Brakes must have an adequate pedal, sufficient fluid in the master cylinder and no apparent hydraulic leaks under pressure. Vehicles must have a brake mechanism acting upon each wheel.
11. Wheel bearings, shocks, steering, and suspension shall be in good operating condition.
12. Exhaust must exit behind driver or to the side of the car and securely installed. Mufflers are required unless sound level at participating event does not require such.
13. All batteries shall be attached securely to the frame or chassis structure.
14. Roll bars may not be below the top of the drivers helmet in normal driving position.
15. Fuel tank/cell must be located in a safe location and firmly secured/mounted and vented if required.
16. Fire Extinguisher 2.5lb or more, must be attached and accessible. Road course only.
17. All vehicles must display event numbers and must be readable by timing and scoring, course workers and grid workers.
18. No passengers allowed on the road course unless passenger is driving instructor.
19. It is the sole responsibility of the Competitor for their safe condition and operation of this vehicle in competition or on event premises. The inspector, inspection facility, ASCS, and/or its members or staff cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for any vehicle. I understand that problems, malfunctions, or damage
may occur in connection with the operation of this vehicle prior to, during, or after the Track Event. I understand that any of the above items may be inspected at any time during the event. If any of the items are found unsatisfactory, the vehicle will not be allowed on track and the entry fees will be forfeited.
20. These rules and conditions may be changed or altered per event by the Chief operating Officer of the event and are subject to the competitor’s responsibility to know all the rules and regulations.
ASCS Time Trials / Tech Worksheet
MAKE OF CAR:__________________ MODEL:________________________ YEAR:_________
TIME TRIALS PARTICIPANTS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFE
CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE TO BE DRIVEN TO, AT, AND FROM THE EVENT.
The Form must be presented to the Time Trials Registrar at the track on the day of the event or before. No participant will be permitted to drive the vehicle on the track without first presenting a completed and signed form. On-site inspection is an additional basic safety and mechanical check. On the day of the event, if your car is deemed unsafe, in the sole judgment of the event staff, your car will not be allowed on the track and your entry fee will be forfeited. The safety inspection includes, but is not limited to, the following items. Additional items may be included as deemed necessary by the inspector to verify the vehicle is in a safe operating condition. Items initialed below are considered passed or failed. Failed items need to be properly attended to before the vehicle will be allowed on track.
___ ___ GENERAL: No excessive body or chassis damage/corrosion
___ ___ MIRRORS: Securely mounted. Must have at least two mirrors in different locations.
___ ___ WINDOWS: Secure, clean and in sound condition. Drivers window must be able to be rolled down or removed for event.
___ ___ SEATS: Sound condition, securely mounted.
___ ___ SEAT BELTS: Securely mounted, metal-to-metal buckles, webbing free of frays, brittleness and excessive age. Belts include a lap and shoulder restraint (i.e. lap belts only are not allowed in open top cars on road course or in unlimited class on road course). 3,4 or 5 Point Harness belts must be properly routed per manufacturer’s installation directions.
___ ___SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Helmet must be Snell 2005 or newer and in good condition (no cracks, blemishes or large scratches. Roll bar and cage padding applied in required areas.
___ ___SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Fire Extinguisher 2.5lb or more, must be attached and accessible. Road course only.
___ ___ BATTERY: Must be securely mounted and have no fluid leaks or corroded mountings. ALL positive terminals must be covered, including cut-off switches, etc.
___ ___ BRAKE FLUID: Full and in good condition, not discolored, no leaks.
___ ___ THROTTLE LINKAGE: Runs freely throughout range of travel, no binding. Must confidently return to closed position upon release.
___ ___ WHEEL BEARINGS: No play with the tires off the ground. No leaks on to brake linings.
___ ___ HOSES: Fuel and coolant hoses: no cracks, swelling, deterioration, or leaks. Coolant level adequate. Coolant must be track appropriate.
___ ___ OIL SYSTEM: Oil topped up, no leaks or drips (very slight seepage is OK, nothing wet),oil filters and coolers tight.
___ ___ WHEELS: Rims not cracked or bent. Lug nuts/bolts in good shape, no cross-threaded or stripped threads. Aluminum/metal centering rings recommended.
___ ___ TIRES: Min. 200 rated. Must be appropriately speed rated for the vehicle. No cracks, blisters, or cord evident. Front tires must be the same size. Rear tires must be the same size. No snow tires. No extreme unbalanced wear, sidewall cracks or bulges.
___ ___ STEERING: No looseness, play or binding throughout range of travel. Steering box secure. Power assist fluid full with no leaks.
___ ___ BRAKES: Shoes and pads should be at least 50% of original thickness. Hoses and lines must not be cut, abraded, or cracked. Rotors and drums in good condition, not beyond manufacturer’s recommendations or statutory requirements. Brake lights must be working.
___ ___ EXHAUST SYSTEM: Must be secure, no leaks. Some tracks have noise limits, if your vehicle does not meet such noise limits, it will not be permitted on the track.
___ ___ PASS or FAIL-or may require recheck inspection.
Tech Inspector’s Signature:____________________________________ Date:_____________
I certify that a qualified individual has carefully examined the above vehicle and all the foregoing items have been checked. I understand that the safe condition and operation of this vehicle is entirely my responsibility and that the inspector, inspection facility, ASCS, and/or its members or staff cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for any vehicle. I understand that problems, malfunctions, or damage
may occur in connection with the operation of this vehicle prior to, during, or after the Track Event. I understand that any of the above items may be inspected at any time during the event. If any of the items are found unsatisfactory, the vehicle will not be allowed on track and the entry fees will be forfeited. Each participant/spectator is responsible for any and all damages brought on by themselves or their vehicles at the event. Therefore, they are responsible for any damages, legal fees and clean-up fees by the tract or event coordinators. This relives ASCS of all damages by participants/spectators.
Participant’s Signature:__________________________________________ Date:_____________